A 24 year old man has been electrocuted to death in Katikara sub county Kakumiro district leaving residents in shock.
The deceased has been identified as Emmanuel Ampumuza, a resident of Katikara trading Centre Katikara LCI in Katikara Sub County and the incident occurred on Thursday.
Darious Byobusingye, the deceased’s uncle says his nephew was electrocuted after his ladder pole came into contact with electric wires.
Byobusingye attributes the death of his nephew to electricians who extend closely electric poles towards the buildings.
Livingstone Tugumisirize, the Katikara LCI Chairperson has advised builders and engineers to always switch off electricity and be careful with wires while executing their works.
Meanwhile, Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Limited –UEDCL officials has advised locals not to tamper with electricity, noting that it is dangerous.
By press time, Katikara police had already reached the scene, autopsy conducted and the body was handed over to relatives for burial.